How to start Earning Money,Freelancing(Even if You’re a Beginner or Starter)
A freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term.
If you are looking for an online job, sick of working as a desk job in a company or you are a beginner and want to start working from home this blog is for you guys.
What is freelancing?
In simple terms, a Freelancer is someone who works on any contract to provide his expertise in a particular Job in return for some money.
Freelancing on the side is a great way to make a little extra cash. If you wanna become a full-time freelancer you have to give more importance to your work and satisfy the need of customers. There are lots of people who do the full-time job at freelancing and earn a nice income that they can enjoy their life with it.
“A business started by an individual that markets a service.”
Future of freelancing
In October last year, Forbes reported an 8.1% increase in those who’d undertaken freelancer work in the US, in just 3 years, which tool the total number 57.3 million. If that trend continues, it would mean more than 50% of the US workforce would be freelancing by 2027.
In future blogs i will discuss more about freelancing and advantage of freelancing over full time office jobs.
What you'll need in order to make money via freelancing
Skills, People want to buy:-
A freelancer is an individual who performs services for a fee, whether that’s hourly, per word, or per project. In other words, freelancers trade time for money.
Therefore, you need to have skills people are willing to pay for. You can get creative here! So many people think they don’t have the experience to become a freelancer, but I challenge you to review your history.
Have you ever had a job? If so, that means you DO have skills people will pay you for! The easiest transition from employee to freelancer is to start with the things you’ve already been paid to do. A freelancer is an individual who performs services for a fee, whether that’s hourly, per word, or per project. In other words, freelancers trade time for money.
Therefore, you need to have skills people are willing to pay for. You can get creative here! So many people think they don’t have the experience to become a freelancer, but I challenge you to review your history. Have you ever had a job? If so, that means you DO have skills people will pay you for! The easiest transition from employee to freelancer is to start with the things you’ve already been paid to do.
Independent, focused, and passionate:-
You must be more focused and passionate about your work, lots of people start freelancing but only some of them have patience and dedication about work, sometimes it takes time to get the project, Don’t feel hopeless when you don’t get projects.
Just keep talking to any lead you find workable.there are lots of freelancers in the queue.
Find Freelancing websites
There are so many freelancing website in the market. you need to find out best website for freelancing and start work. Some popular websites like Workifyd.com, Upwork.com, Freelancer.com. In future blog i will compare all the popular sites for freelancing.
So you have done with all prerequisites. lets discuss, How to work as freelancer?. As i told you above, you should be an individual contributor in your work. you should be smart enough to get the work done.
How to work as Freekancer?
- Go to freelancing websites create you profile.
- Update your skills, portfolios, experiences that attract employers.
- Search the project that best fitted with your skills.
- Bid on the project
- Employer will come and see you profile. and award you the project.
- After that you start the work and earn money.
Looks very simple right? yes it is, But you need to have more and more focused on what employer want, according to that decide the biding rate that best fitted for the project.
So that employer easily evaluate your bid because there are lots of freelancers biding on same project, you are not the only one.
- If you have strong skills in whatever it is you’re offering as a freelancer and can create a quality brand and portfolio, you can achieve success in the freelancing world. It’s not easy, but it is possible.
- First, you have to work at a very minimal price to increase your trust in employer and review for you.
- Bid carefully. This is a tricky thing. New freelancers should bid lower because that is the only way they will get attention. As you progress, you should slowly hike your price.
- Speed is as important as quality. Time is a major constraint in most of the freelancing projects. Learn to coding things fast. Always try to finish projects within the agreed deadlines.
- Satisfy your employer/customer before requesting for payment release. You are bound to meet some bad employers who won’t pay you at the end of the project. You’ll learn from experience.
- Increase your re-hiring rate. A lot of freelancing platforms consider re-hiring rates as an important factor while ranking bids from freelancers. So keep asking your past employees for more work. That helps. Sometimes employers will refer you to other employers